72 images of Sweet Spring in Autumn. Once known as Spout Spring, the present Sweet Spring Reservation, which includes wooded areas above and below the spring, was reserved for public use in perpetuity by Ordinance 77. Mayor A. Davis signed and approved the ordinance on February 15, 1886, and City Clerk, W. F. Daugherty published the ordinance on March 4th, 1886. Sweet Spring is protected by circular stone walls constructed by the skilled stonemasons, the Waltrip Brothers, William, James and John. The adjacent stone steps, with built-in benches, designed by architect A.O. Clark, was built in 1916 by the Waltrip Brothers, funded by the Eureka Springs Women's Club to replace declining wooden structures. Sweet Spring is located next to Rogue's Manor, directly across Spring Street from the Post Office back parking lot.